Go-Now Fencing Show during Poland’s Cup in Traditional Karate in Atlas Arena
We share different techniques during Go-Now tournaments and championships
We run workshops during Grunwald – a big reenactment event in Poland
Go-Now Fencing can be trained whenever you want and wherever you wish to
Safe weapons can be trained in different conditiones
We’re often visited by Zbigniew Skrudlik
This fun, which we initiated in year 2000, is as per to our concept, transforming into independent sport. There have already been held twelve championships, apart from many smaller tournaments. And they all are thriving in the fencing environment. Rules of duels on such events are still evolving , striving toward transparency and attractiveness for contestants and audience. More about championships HERE
Initially they were sticks with a guard to protect a hand, used to train fencing.
Go-Now singlesticks have a characteristic feature, they are covered with amortising foam, that enables safe practice without any protection at all.
We are really glad and happy and proud to let you know that on 30th of April there will be an international tournament of Go-Now Sabre in Győr in Hungary. There will be many competitions during 29th and 30th April, like longsword and bow. All information about the...
Erasmus To Hungerian friends!!! There are still several places for Erasmus project. It's on 15-24 May in Łódź (the city we live in) and it's a programme for Hungerian youth 15-25 years old (with Hungarian nationality). The programme is Mime Performance 'Emotions...
It’s a sport fencing system, which refers to Polish duel sabre. Main assumptions of this system are:
• During trainings and contests Go-Now singlesticks are being used
• Opponents fight in “white shirts”. It means they don’t have to dress in protective armour, and what’s more, they don’t have to hit hard
• The trainings, competitions, lifestyle are based on knightly ethics and ethos. We mean such values as honour, good manners and fairness in a fight
• On trainings particular attention is paid to symmetrical progress of right and left side. Also on tournaments we use both sides.
• Popularizing Go-Now fencing in Poland and all around the world.
• International exchange between fencing groups, also between polish fencing groups
• Adopt Go-Now fencing as a rehabilitative method for disabled
-participants and the coach form a circle and make fencing salute with their sabres. Then they sit down and the coach discusses objectives for the training session and all other matters required before the training commences.
It is intended to prepare organism for physical activity and increase general physical abilities (strength and mobility). To diversify and enrich exercises we often use dance and other plays.
It is intended to prepare for strains specific for fencing and practicing reflex.
-Technical fencing exercises:
footwork, hand movements in guards and cuts, diverse exercises of attacks, ripostes etc.
Such exercises are particularly popular with young participants because they resemble fights seen in movies. They have, however, vital practical application because they improve and consolidate fencing techniques.
-Individual and team sparring fights
-A training session always concludes with a farewell salute in a circle, similarly to the opening of a session.
The equipment and system itself Go-Now is an idea of Dariusz Wadowski (PL patent-196873)